Black Looks - Including an African LGBTIQ+ Archive

Africa , Africa - Creative Arts, Black Britain, Climate Change, News Roundup, Social Media, South Africa

Quick Links

The world as a village of 100!


We dont often hear of climate change in an African context. These eight videos “explore the human costs of climate change in Africa

90% of the worlds total population to do not have access to what 10% take for granted – both in the global south and poor communities in the west! Design for the other 90% is a global project aimed at finding ways of addressing these imbalances.

Designers, engineers, students and professors, architects, and social entrepreneurs from all over the globe are devising cost-effective ways to increase access to food and water, energy, education, healthcare, revenue-generating activities, and affordable transportation for those who most need them.


M-Pesa is a phone banking system that has become popular in Kenya especially in rural areas.

Since its introduction in March of 2007, the M-PESA application has had great success all over Kenya. There are currently over 2.3 million registered users. Over 18 Billion Ksh had been moved through the system, via person-to-person transfers.

A piece of Nigerian / Australian history. I have never heard of “Suzanne Wenger, popularly called Adunni Olorisa,” but she was an Austrian artist who first came to Nigeria in 1957. Via Kikuyumoja.

Originally named Susanne Wenger, she became famous to the Nigerian media, scholars and art enthusiasts as ‘Adunni Olorisa’ because of her deep involvement in the worship of the Osun goddess. She was said to have expressed joy on separate occasions that the legacy she lived and worked for was being preserved by others.