Tactical Technology Collective (www.tacticaltech.org) is an international NGO that provide human rights advocates with guides, tools, training and consultancy to help them develop the skills and tactics they need to increase the impact of their campaigning. The following guides and toolkits are available online, as downloadable files or they can be posted to not-for-profits in a book/CD format, free of charge.
1. ‘Mobiles in-a-box’, designed to support campaigners to use mobile telephony in their work.
French: http://fr. mobiles.tacticaltech.org
Email: mobiles AT tacticaltech.org
2. ‘Message in-a-box‘, a set of strategic guides and tools to create media and communicate for social change.
Email: miab AT tacticaltech.org
3. ‘Security in-a-box’, created to meet the digital security and privacy needs of advocates and human rights defenders.
Soon in Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish
Email: security AT tacticaltech.org
3.’Maps for Advocacy’, an effective guide to using maps in advocacy campaigns.
Email: mapping AT Tacticaltech.org
4. ‘Visualising Information for Advocacy’, a manual aimed at helping NGOs and advocates strengthen their campaigns and projects through visual communication.
Soon available in Russian
Email: infodesign AT tacticaltech.org
5. ‘Quick ‘n’ Easy Guide to Online Advocacy’, aims to expose advocates to online services that are quick to use and easy to understand.
6. ‘Base NGO in-a-box’, is a collection of tools for the day-to-day running of small to medium sized NGOs.
Currently being updated and translated into a number of languages.
Email: base AT tacticaltech.org
Tactical Tech are happy to send copies of any or all of these toolkits and guides to human rights advocates working in marginalised communities. For general enquires email: toolkits AT tacticaltech DOTorg